Serving the Legal Needs of Families in the Charleston Area
Divorce, Family Law and Other Services in West Virginia
Most of our practice revolves around family law. However, many of our clients come to us with other legal problems, giving us the experience to help you with a broad range of issues. Contact us for legal assistance in any of the following areas:
Our Family Law Services:
- Divorce : If you are considering divorce or have started the process, consult with an attorney who can give you sound advice and skilled representation. We handle property division, child support, spousal support, domestic violence and other divorce issues.
- Child custody : Whether you are facing custody disputes in a divorce or after the break-up of a relationship, we have the experience and sensitivity to address your concerns and advocate for your interests. We handle child custody and visitation (parenting time) as well as other parenting issues , such as child support, and modification or enforcement of custody or support.
- Post-divorce issues : Matters that were settled during the divorce often need to be revisited as circumstances change or one spouse doesn't follow through. We can help you seek modification and/or enforcement of the divorce decree.
- Grandparents' rights : If you have been caring for your grandchildren and want to protect your rights or are concerned about visitation following the parents' divorce, we will work with you to determine your rights.
- Adoption : Whether you are a custodial grandparent or stepparent looking to gain parental rights or are interested in building your family through outside adoption, we will help you get on track.
- Prenuptial agreements : If you are getting married, be prepared for whatever may happen. A prenuptial agreement can help you settle issues before they arise.
Other Legal Services:
- Wills, estates and probate : Estate planning helps you ensure that your wishes are carried out. If you are looking to draft a will, or if you have been appointed administrator of an estate, we can help.
- Real estate : Buying or selling real estate can be an involved process. We will draft a legally appropriate deed, conduct the closing and do what is needed to make the process go smoothly.
- Small-business law : If you own a business or are planning to start one, we will explain your options for a business structure that meets your needs and prepare the documents to implement your decision. We can deal with the day-to-day legal requirements of a small business.
- Personal injury : If you've been injured, someone else may be responsible for compensating you. When you face medical bills, lost wages and other costs, consult with a lawyer to see whether you have a claim.
When you want a down-to-earth attorney who will help you sort out your legal concerns, contact us .