Toll Free: 800-625-6248 Divorce Post-Divorce Issues Grandparents' Rights

Contact Us

Law Office of James T. Cooper
108 Hills Plaza
Charleston, WV 25312-2438
Telephone: (304) 344-3542
Fax: (304)-344-3591
Toll Free: (800) 625-6248
Map and Directions

Post Divorce Issues

Charleston, West Virginia Enforcement and Modification Attorney

When Issues Come up After the Divorce ...

Unfortunately, just because a divorce is final, the issues between the two parties don't always disappear. Many times, circumstances change, or one ex-spouse doesn't fulfill his or her obligations.

Luckily, we at the Law Office of James T. Cooper are here to help you with post-divorce issues. If you need a lawyer to help you seek modification and/or enforcement of the divorce decree, contact us at our convenient location in Charleston, West Virginia.

Helping You When Circumstances Change

After any divorce, circumstances that were relevant to decisions made during the divorce process can change. When they do, you can petition the court for modification of the divorce decree.

Parenting plans (the name in West Virginia for child custody and visitation determinations) are particularly subject to modification. If the current physical custody and visitation arrangements are no longer working for your children, or if you need to have more of a say on issues like health care and educational decisions, religious upbringing and the people with whom your children are allowed to associate, we can help you seek parenting plan modifications.

Other aspects of the divorce decree, such as child support, spousal support or other things that were set in place during the divorce, are also subject to modification.

Making Sure Both Ex-Spouses Stick to the Agreement

If your ex-spouse isn't holding up her or his end of the divorce agreement, or if your ex-spouse is accusing you of failing to do so, we can help. There is a variety of ways issues like child custody, visitation and support can be enforced, including contempt petitions.

We don't disappear once your divorce is final. We will continue helping you, whether you are seeking divorce modifications or divorce judgment enforcement. Contact us today to get help from an experienced attorney.

At the Law Office of James T. Cooper, we represent clients in Charleston, West Virginia, and throughout the region, including the communities of South Charleston, Madison, Logan, Danville, Teays Valley, Scott Depot, Hurricane, Dunbar, Winfield, Nitro, St. Albans, Huntington, Milton, Ripley, Williamson, Elkview, Clendenin, Parkersburg, Clay, Buffalo, Sutton, Flatwoods and Beckley; and other locations in Kanawha County, Putnam County, Cabell County, Boone County, Logan County, Mingo County, Fayette County, Raleigh County, Summers County, Braxton County, Wood County and Jackson County.

Privacy Policy | Business Development Solutions by FindLaw, part of Thomson Reuters.